Monday, June 29, 2009

This is for all the people

who've inspired me once again. Thank you thank you thank you! <3

I've felt plenty of things this year (the biggest: discouragement) and sometimes felt nothing at all. I didn't realize that I was sleeping for all this time until just recently. "all this time" meaning months after serving in the Life in Christ Series. Discouragement mostly came from the Catholic Club. I couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't stand seeing the same 2 or 3 people, knowing that there are 928754209 more of us out there. And as for FCJ? Our saturdays at the teen house were limited to strictly the 2nd and 4th saturdays of the month. If we missed a week, we'd probably see one another 3 weeks from now. Operation BringOldMembersBack hit me hard though. Weeks of preparing... personally going to every member, retreat participant, acquaintance ... posting bulletins every so often... and it was only the same old same old. My first reaction these past couple of months was to ignore it and eventually not care anymore. I entertained thoughts of giving up.

But this time it's different. People all around me are changing, trying to better themselves. Some are turning their life completely around & it's God who's changing their hearts. And now He's changing mine. I'm ready, once again. To take up arms and re-enter this never ending battle. God FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment