Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Have you ever felt...

That you are only really true to yourself when you are face to face with God? Or you are only honest with your feelings when you're at Mass, at the foot of the altar? I'm happy to say that this is true for me, but it would indicate that I am not true to myself outside of church. I'll go through the motions Monday through Saturday, have a nonchalant attitude towards all my problems, settle in complacency when faced with adversity... and then comes Sunday. The numbness goes away and I actually start having mixed feelings--some joy, sorrow, anger, anguish, unworthiness. And then, the sun goes down and I'm back to my old habits. I'm back to half-hearted efforts and anticipation for another wake-up call six days later. How do I break free from such a habit? I feel like I've made much too many empty promises and I'm exhausted on many levels.

Anywho, song to reflect upon:
Fix You by Coldplay

1 comment:

  1. Sister..read my most recent blog! (: I never felt like myself until one day......ahah <3 Seriously, FULL surrender to Him..man!

    ReplyDelete