Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hit me hard God, Take me home.

Current song playing:
"Consuming Fire"
More Than Life album
By Hillsong

"Stir it UP in our hearts, Lord"

I've been fighting for that flame. I know God will forever remain in me, and I know I'll always have Him. But I've been waiting, YEARNING for that passionate flame once again. And as I listened to this song and as I prayed this song I really felt the Holy Spirit knocking. I lifted everything up to Him: my relationships with my family and my friends, my service, my life.

I'm letting go.

I don't need what the world may offer. It's all temporary. Kuya Marc asked me a couple nights ago what I would do if I had $1000. Hmmm... I really need an iPod. And then I thought. OH RLY?! another thing that can distract you from listening to Him. Cause I know when I had my iPod, my earphones were practically glued to my hears. Walking home, at home when I don't want to listen to anyone, before I slept. Yeah, it had some worship songs in there, but RARELY have I REALLY listened to God. And now I know there was a purpose to losing it in the first place. It's God telling me to let go of the DISTRACTIONS.

The world gets busier and busier. I mean, we have high speed internet, cell phones, airplanes. But we "never have enough time." No, I don't have time to go to church on Sundays. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! 1 Hour is all He asks. Actually, no. He wants more than that. He wants YOUR LIFE. That one hour is really for us. Our time to actually let go and lift everything up to Him. But He wants us every minute of every day, and we're too distracted to put some effort in our relationship with Him. We're too afraid of the truth. That to live means to actually leave everything behind and follow Him. That the PERFECT relationship can only be found with Him, not in our friends, family, bf/gf. That one step closer to true joy is letting go of bad habits and being born again.

Seek to understand and know our Maker. That's my goal.

And I pray you're courageous enough to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment