Sunday, November 29, 2009

I will choose Christ

Jer 33:14-16
Ps 25:4-5, 8-9, 10, 14
1 Thes 3:12-4:2
Lk 21:25-28, 34-36



First off, I'd like to say that Fr. Juan is AMAZING. He's such an inspiration and a genius, no joke. So he compared Black Friday holiday shopping to Advent. Advent = Preparing for the coming of Christ. He said that just as we prepare for gift-giving by wrapping presents, we must, more importantly, prepare a heart that is decorated, clean, open, and filled with humility for Jesus the Savior. He also related waiting in line for Black Friday to Advent. He said that many of the people in line have patience to wait even during the night before so they can bust open through doors the morning after. That kind of spirit is the kind we need to really prepare for the coming of Christ. Whether "in history, or in mystery." In other words, as we celebrate Jesus' birth, or when we see Him through others.

Oh wow, it's funny too, cause the moment mass started, I got these crazy goosebumps and I knew right then and there that this was going to be different. And I was right.

"But when these signs begin to happen,
stand erect and raise your heads
because your redemption is at hand.
"
- Luke 21:28

I had this belief before Mass today that we should not talk about the coming of Christ to those who aren't "ready." But I learned that the coming of Christ doesn't have to be the end of the world. I mean yeah, definitely wait "in joyful hope for the coming of the Lord." But at the same time I feel that the coming of Christ is EVERYDAY. He comes EVERYDAY. Through the Eucharist, through my family and friends, through miracles that are seen. The thing is, how am I preparing each day? Cause when I think of Him coming, I think "oh no, not now" which makes it easier for me to fall. But knowing that Christ is constantly HERE, the only thing to do now is "stand erect and raise your heads" DAILY. And so, I WILL choose Christ! Every second, every minute, every hour, every day, every year!

1 comment:

  1. you are amazing yourself! very proud of you. i am sending fr marcial an e-mail about what you said. he needs to know how much he is inspiring us to look around and see how blessed we are. what you wrote/said about him will help him to continue to do what he does. take care, kimmy.

    love,
    ninang

    ReplyDelete