Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Matthew 11:28-30

Matthew 11:28-30
Jesus said to the crowds:
“Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”

Dear Friends,

If you're exhausted, frustrated, depressed, sick of all the mumbo jumbo in your life then I encourage you to run--run as fast as you can all the way Home-- and cling on to God. (I'm not quite exactly sure why I am compelled to write such a blog, but hopefully this may be useful to you. Whether you stumble upon this on December 9,2009 or January 10, 2010 doesn't really matter. Whatever the case may be, this message is for you, and you'll know who you are.) Leave behind all the noise and settle in the stillness, in His arms. Because who knows better with what you're going through than Jesus Himself? Walking 100 mi. radius from His home, suffering from physical tiredness but also spiritually, as He battled with the thought that the people He's gonna save are the very people who will spit on Him, curse Him, and reject Him! But above all of this, the image we see of Jesus is an image of peace and gentle compassion. Despite these physical and spiritual struggles, He was able to overcome them. And so He tells us "take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest in yourselves" because He knows that if we rest in Him and let His graces fall on us, then we will most definitely find rest.
Too many of us-- much too many of us-- think we can go on with our own strength. Our very strength is temporary! And some of us may even try to find temporary escapes. Someone once said that if you attach to things that die (even our strength is eventually exhausted), then we die. But if you attach to God, who is immortal, then we live forever. We find strength in Him because His power is endless, just as His love is endless. And if you think you are unworthy of those graces, then you're mistaken because God is too generous and too loving to keep you from His grace. "If grace is an ocean, then we're all sinking."

No comments:

Post a Comment