Sunday, September 13, 2009

"No longer I, but Christ"

Galatians 2:19-20

"For through the law I died to the law, that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ; yet I live, no longer I, but Christ lives in me; insofar as I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God who has loved me and given himself up for me."

Who are we living for? Many times in our lives, we are given the opportunity to do something for God. We just tend to be selfish. We want to do our own things, even those things that prevent us from becoming more like Christ. But Paul, who once lived for the law (even persecuted early Christians), chose Christ instead and encourages us to take up our crosses and live for God. What does it mean to take up our crosses? One word: Counter-culture. We, as followers of Christ, as ambassadors for the Truth, have been set apart by God. And so, we are challenged to live not by the norm of today's society, but for the Truth in Christ Jesus. It means sacrifice on our part. It means saying "No longer I, but Christ"; that His ways are higher and again having that faith to believe that we don't need any our selfish desires, but just Him. When we let go, and embrace him that's where we find TRUE HAPPINESS. Seriously, why would Paul turn his whole life around, write all these letters in the new Testament if he wasn't inspired by Jesus and the faith, if he wasn't happy? So again I ask you: Who are we living for?

G'night world!

No comments:

Post a Comment