Monday, January 18, 2010

Brotherfriend (:

Words of a Seminarian: but ya, if theres one piece of advice i could give you (well probably a lot, but for now one) well its that, when you pursue god's will, he will provide many consolations in your life, meaning many graces many points of joy and happiness because its only natural that when you follow his will, true joy follows and you're already experiencing that, amidst gatherings, and sharings right? but! remember all these consolations and joys, write them down, record them in your heart, for in following God's will, there will be a great number of trials and obstacles. so remember those consolations, because they will get you through those times of desolation.


I think this piece of advice will come in handy in the future. And I just want to keep this up here, knowing there's a possibility that these words may affect someone other than me as well. Hearing this advice also reminds me of something Kuya Pat once told us during a service team meeting: You've tasted a piece of heaven, now fight for it. I understand that following God's will is a battle and through these little joys I experience, I realize that He's preparing me for the ultimate joy that will come after I leave this place. And so these next four years with college life is another chapter where I'm going to taste a piece of heaven every day, and experience trials and homesickness at the same time. But, just you wait. With God's grace, and His grace alone, I'll overcome it all. I'm going to fight for it. Thanks, Rence.

No comments:

Post a Comment